Sunday, November 1, 2015

Been Gone for A Minute....



Yeah, it's been a while.... Here's why. Two things:

1. Out of the blue, a marketing expert got in touch with me and had some serious constructive criticism of my online presence that made me think about a lot of things. He actually gave a lot of positive feedback, but did have some questions that I needed to take my time to think about.

2. I applied for a job with my favorite football (soccer) club as they were opening a new office in New York and I got an interview with the director during which he mentioned my social media posts and advised me of the club's conservative media policy. As soon as I got home, I made all my social media accounts private and closed this blog.

While I didn't get the job with the club and the well-meaning marketing expert couldn't actually provide anything concrete to help my career, I stayed quiet online thinking maybe things were better that way. But they weren't.

Lesson learned. Respectfully, I'll say what I want, when I want, where I want. Speaking my mind didn't keep my from a job and shutting up didn't get me one. Know yourself and be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...