Monday, December 30, 2013

It’s SAG Awards Season!

One of the fun perks of being a union actress is that at the end of the year, Screen Actors Guild (SAG) sends out dvds of all the films nominated for the SAG Awards so that members can view and vote.  These dvd screeners arrive in the mail, online and on iTunes.  It’s like extra little Christmas gifts.  I love it.  I, actually, don’t go to the movies all that much so this is my time to catch up on the best films of the year.  Here are this season’s screeners:

12 Years a Slave
August: Osage County
Enough Said
Lee Daniels’ The Butler
Philomena
American Hustle
Gravity

Nebraska

Blue Jasmine
Captain Phillips
Dallas Buyers Club

I’m about halfway through the list now (sometimes, the hard part is making time to watch all these films).  So far what’s impressed me most are Lupita Nyong'o's absolutely devastating performance in 12 Years A Slave (what she could do with emotion just in her eyes ... wow...i'm still crying... she played every note of that role) and Matthew McConoughey & Jared Leto in Dallas Buyer’s Club who blew me away with the bodywork they committed to for their roles (they are literally emaciated yet still play with vigor and charm).

The SAG Awards are on January 18th so I have about 3 weeks to get my votes in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...