Monday, December 30, 2013

Actresses I'm Watching: Wunmi Mosaku


A few weeks ago, my Mom told me to watch a British tv show called Vera to see a new Black actress.  I watched, I liked the show, and I liked the actress.  Then, yesterday while watching my SAG Awards screener for Philomena, I saw her again.  So now I'm paying attention.  I really like this girl!  Her name is Wunmi Mosaku.  She's a good, picks smart roles and defies the convention that you have to be skinny to work.

In just a few years, she's booked some pretty huge projects:  several tv series and films like I Am A Slave and Philomena...  This young actress is moving!

She's Nigerian, studied at RADA (The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art), began her career in theatre but quickly got hired in television and film. She's already won awards for her performance in I Am A Slave. And she's just 27.

I'm inspired.  Hope to see a lot more work from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...