Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting 2012 the right way!

Why the hell did I sign up to be anywhere at 9:30am on New Year's Day - what was I thinking?!  That's what I said (groaned) when my alarm went off at 7:30 this morning.  But I couldn't back out of this one.  I had committed to delivering meals to working with City Meals on Wheels.  I'd wanted to kick off this year with service.  So I got up and made my way uptown to the Goddard Riverside Community Center (on time, too - another resolution for the new year).  So glad I did!  What a meaningful experience.  Here's why...


TOP 5 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER ON NEW YEAR'S DAY:


5. Exercise! Many of the homebound seniors on my route lived in fifth floor walk ups... Great thigh and butt workout!

4. Starts your year off on a good note after all the gluttony of Christmas and NYE.

3. Community service feels good.

2. Gives a well deserved break to the good people who do this work EVERY DAY. 


1. Because we should ALL do more to help each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...