Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On taking risks


Met a cool guy.  He noticed me.  We flirted.  A crush was developing.  I could feel myself slipping down the rabbit hole of fantasy without any confirmation of his intention.  So for the first time ever, I broke out of my shell and asked him flat out if he might be interested in getting to know me.  ....Haven't heard from him since.

It was terrifying to put myself out there like that.  But I'm so glad I did.  I feel stronger and braver.  

What's weird is that I'd prepared for "Yes!" or "No...", but the silence caught me off guard.  Had to remind myself that no answer is also an answer: NO.

The beat goes on...


Epilogue:  he got back to me 2 days later to say he's not available.  *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...