Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Old Time Radio


I have to confess that despite living in a world of 3D tv, interactive motion-sensitive video games, virtual reality and hi-def everything... my favorite entertainment at home, besides dancing around my living room, is listening to radio stories from the 1940s and '50s.  I feel like a senior citizen just saying that.  But these stories performed on low-tech, with one guy making all the movement sounds and a couple of actors performing into a mic with the script in their hands, are just so well-written and well-acted that they stand the test of time.   In fact, they beat our modern, overly stimulating, hyperactive, digital entertainment any day!  So for my afternoon break, I'm about to turn on an episode of "Suspense" from the Relic Radio podcast...  So relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...