Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Spirit: Truths and Consequences

So I told my therapist. She called me brave. I just felt relieved; and it turned out to be perfect timing. I won't get into it, but the very next day something happened that made me very glad that I had begun the process of dealing with that issue in therapy.
Happily, I also made a little progress on the small-talk front. I was in a situation I would usually avoid (traveling with several people I didn't know well). On the way to the destination, I hid behind a book; but on the way back, I relaxed and chatted. Ha! Simple?! Not for me. Don't know yet if I made a complete fool of myself, but I definitely didn't let my shy side win.
As for pictures, I'm taking one per day of myself - just as my own little self-therapy, not for anyone to see. As an actor, I can't afford to be uncomfortable in front of the camera. Ironically, a bunch of high school pics have surfaced on Facebook, and I can see that even as a kid I shied away. While another girl in my "clique" was like Beyoncé to Destiny's Child, always in the center, I'm on the outer edge of each picture. Just how long have I relegated myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...