Thursday, August 27, 2009

Finances: Books and Snacks

Ooops, I was supposed to write about money yesterday, but got distracted by a little heartbreak...
Money's too tight to mention, as the song goes. Why are school books so damned pricey? Thank God for places like Amazon.com and other sites that cut great deals on used books. Why doesn't my favorite bookstore Strand Books sell textbooks? I'd really prefer to spend my money in a local business like them.
Anyway, between monthly tuition payments and almost $400 for textbooks, I got no money left for "entertainment". I've had to downscale all my dinner plans to picnics - and I kind of like that better! It's so much more personal to share food you've made than to pass around a plate you've ordered and worry about splitting tabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...