Sunday, September 28, 2008

The one that got away







Never look back. I wish I could really live by that motto.

Too often I dwell on the could've-would've-should've.

Case in point: I googled an old flame yesterday. This was a hotshot finance guy (think Masters of the Universe from the movie "Wall Street") who I dated 4 years ago very briefly and extremely casually because he'd told me he never ever wanted to be married - ever.  During that time, he met a glittery, raven haired, self-made milloinairess from the mid-west with a royal title. He was enchanted. Within six weeks he dumped me, romanced her, whisked her off to Venice to propose on her birthday, then married her in an opulent three-day wedding straight out of Louis XIV's court.  That hurt.

So what did Google tell me?  The royal couple is now nesting in a lavish penthouse duplex... 
The bride described its renovations to the New York Times in 2004:
'' 'We will have three fireplaces and high ceilings,' the baroness said recently by phone from St.-Tropez, on the French Riviera, where she was vacationing. 'It will be very stunning, very open. We're breaking through all the walls. It will have a lofty feel but it will not be a loft. We want to go back to the glamour and sophistication of the 30's and 40's, traditional but with a nice urban edge to it.' ''  The photos above depict the finished product. (http://www.ggarchitect.com/)
They now have estates all over the world.

What would my life be like today, if...?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...